Thursday, January 26, 2012

Looney Mommy and her looney day

It's been a day. Got up at 4:30 am, was at the hospital at 6:00, and surgery around 9:00. Needless to say I am very tired. Ami's surgery went well. The g tube looks gross. He won't eat, has had one wet diaper, and is throwing up. He won't drink anything. Until he can keep clear liquids down we can't give him anything else. He is on IV morphine and antinausea meds. We haven't even began g tube training.
    Surgeries aren't getting any easier. Hospital stays are though. Its very hard to hand over your child to someone you hardly know and know that their life is now in someone else's hands. I hope these surgeons under stand that. Blind faith is the only thing that helps me get through those surgery hours.
     Hospital stays are easier. They still suck but they are easier. I just give my little speech about Ami and everything he's got going on. I speak up and don't wait around for things. I know what to pack, where to go, and how to get what we need.
I am ready to go home. I'm ready for my baby to feel better. This mommy is going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment