Monday, January 23, 2012

Water works

Today is the first time I actually cried about the g tube. I ordered a 'tubie friend" for Ami last week. These stuffed animals have feeding tubes just like the one the specific child has. Ami's bear has a Mic-key button just like the one he is getting on Thursday. It has a belly button that has Elmo, which is his favorite. The belly button is a small piece of cloth that goes under the g tube to soak up any leakage and to provide a barrier between the tube and his skin. This bear is so cute, but geez did it make things hit home. I HATE THIS!! I hate everything about this. I hate putting him through pain, and surgery. I hate that he can't be a "normal" 17 month old. I hate that we can't do "normal" things. Taking a trip to just the store is a hassle. Going to Grandma's to spend the night takes an hour to pack for. Forget a vacation. I love my son. I wouldn't have him any other way. I know all of this makes him who he is, and who he is going to be, but why can't it be less heart breaking?

1 comment: